The Original *Animals Voice Of Hope* BLACKLIST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE EXPOSE WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING!!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder

LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC Empty
PostSubject: LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC   LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 am

Idea LISA WOO , the owner of boarding facility, The Playful Puppy Palace, New Westminster, BC
offered a rescue organization her full cooperation and assistance dealing with its rescues in case no foster home was avalailable. The organization trusted Woo, only to be told that Woo would keep the animals as her property AND to be presented with a $17,125.00 bill. (via Viktor Larkhill 10. November um 01:15)

A few days ago Let's Adopt announced to all of their readers that the Playful Puppy Palace was being investigated by their organization for a case of dognapping.
Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. This is one of those times.

LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC 73986_158729010836073_154556367920004_263881_3453076_n

Every rescue organization has found at a point or another in a situation of having to trust someone who apparently meant well, only to find out shortly afterwards, that this was not the case and that they were dealing with a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Stories of scams abound and shouldn’t surprise anyone.
This is one of cases, and it is painful it is simplicity.
Lisa Woo, the owner of boarding facility, The Playful Puppy Palace offered a rescue organization her full cooperation and assistance dealing with its rescues in case no foster home was avalailable.
The organization trusted Woo, only to be told that Woo would keep the animals as her property AND to be presented with a $17,125.00 bill.
$17,125…. yes… you read correctly… $17,125 for fostering.

Let’s Adopt! has obtained the following email… If this is not extortion/theft I have no idea what it is…

To:
Dear Nikki & Kristin,
I’d like to clear up the outstanding issues regarding Taco and Squirt as you claim I owe for their adoption of $395 each.The following is an outstanding bill that is owed to The Playful Puppy Palace for services rendered to Action for Animals in Distress Society. This is for the services that went above and beyond what I agreed to volunteer for.
Daycare for foster dogs $1875.00
Boarding $8400.00
Increase in staff hours.$850.00
Loss of Revenue (loss of long term client) $6250.00
Halloween Pictures Backdrop $ 100.00
Copyright Infringement (in hand with Lawyer) Unknown
Grand Total Due:$17,125.00

I suggest you take the adopting fees out of what is owed to The Playful Puppy Palace, which then leaves a balance owing of $16,335 (not including the copyright infringement). This does not include the loss of enjoyment of family time, which to me is priceless.
Nor does this cover the commitment from my wonderful clients that I respect so much. Why would an organization that has so many animals is foster care continue to bring in so many more animals? Why would an organization not concentrate on finding forever homes first (which raises funds), then bring in more animals? (Note from Let’s Adopt!: Maybe because the focus of the organization is to save lifes instead of maximizing revenue !)
I find it truly amazing that an organization that has been in existence for ten years has such few people to assist them with their goal. However, Action for Animals in Distress is lacking in professionalism, does not know how to treat their volunteers with dignity and respect, and is always on the defensive.
Your hearts are in the right place, but your plan is not working!
It is time to sit back and allow others to help you.
That means change, but it also means you will reach your goal sooner. But it starts by treating people with dignity and respect!

Lisa Woo

Well… this was probably the most outrageous and arrogant email ever written!
We mantain our reccomendation to stay clear of The Puppy Palace until the situation is resolved.

Exclamation COMMENTS:

November 11, 2010 at 6:31pm · Like · · Share
*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T November 9, 2010 at 7:23 pm
Karen says:
I have been working and fostering for Action For animals in distress ever since they started to save Chihuahua’s, as I have two of my own and have lots of experience.
My interaction with Action of animals has been honest,pleasant, more than accommodating in many aspects. I will continue to deal with them and support them because they are saving animals lives and I think thats great!

Further more I like to comment on, I live blocks away from the Puppy Palace and I have witness on more than one occassion her lack of respect and love for the animals, like for example only two weeks ago I saw her pulling a pack of over 8 dogs of all sizes up 12th Street. What caught my eye along with few others stoped at the light, this poor little Chihuahua in a little pink coat was behind the pack, being pulled and could not keep up.
( Like i said LACK of respect !!)
November 11, 2010 at 6:36pm · Like · 1 person

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T November 10, 2010 at 2:02 am
Richard says:
As someone who has volunteered for Action for Animals for many years I can with utmost certainty say those who run it are extremely professional. They give wholeheartedly to help the animals and ask...
See More
November 11, 2010 at 6:37pm · Like · 1 person

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T November 10, 2010 at 2:11 am
Debby J/ says:
I am posting this as my contribution in seeking the truth. – not she said/ she said – not hearsay -but my experience. I believe in truth, I believe you should treat others as you would want to be treated,

I have been involved as a volunteer for Action For Animals in Distress Society for just over one year, I adopted 3 cats from them over the coarse of the year. I can positively state that I have always been treated with respect and thoughtfulness; in fact every effort has been made never to overwhelm me with tasks and responsibilities nor take for granted any participation on my part.

I can attest to the fact that the animals in the care of the Society always come first and the founder works tirelessly and selflessly to ensure they are well cared for, and is dedicated to rescue more animals in difficult situations.

Being an honest person myself, I am always disappointed when people who present themselves as like characters – helpful, supportive and dedicated -( in my opinion) succumb to their ego and misrepresent their true intentions and motives to further their own agenda . ..

My experience in this effort to support the rescue of these death row dogs started out with optimism, working as a team. I was encouraged from both parties in this situation for my efforts to promote the fostering and fund raising for the non profit society; composing fliers, and ads -submitting them to both parties for approval, with replies from both parties – Good Job! Thank you for your efforts… (stroked my ego..I cannot lie)

I and two friends attended the fund raiser held at the Playful Puppy Palace and contributed our cash donations. We were lead to believe this would reach the Society as this was stated on the advertised fliers I composed that were approved by both parties. While there, we did not see any posters or hear any promoting of Action For Animals in Distress Society – my friends (one is a lawyer by trade) arrived before me and we both left very near the end almost the last to leave. I asked my friends if they recall any promotion or posted signage but they stated they did not hear or see any promoting before I arrived. My friends and I witnessed the donations in the receptacle and I can only estimate the sum as the Society was never offered the donations or made aware of the total.

It soon became evident through my efforts that things had gone sideways when my appeal on a website for fosters and adopters was pulled twice from a complaint from a party stated by the web page to be having a dispute with the AADS. This Ad was previously approved by Lisa of the Playful Puppy Palace as her business name was included on the ad and this was confusing to me as I thought we were all on the same team, with a unified goal of helping the dogs.

I also noticed on again a separate website that credit for the rescue was solely given to the volunteer named Lisa Woo. And that on her own blog she stated she felt it her obligation despite the withdrawl of her participation – due to family obligations – to promote the fostering /adoption of the dogs as no effort to do so was being made by the Society. – Well this in fact would appear to be true as she (being the only one having a dispute) kept trying to have my Ad pulled.

As for Taco And Squirt… In conversation with myself Lisa told me Taco was initially fostered to someone chosen by herself and the dog got away from them. Fortunately she was able to prevent Taco from being harmed by traffic, and reclaimed Taco. She stated she had intentions of Adopting as they bonded and she told me she was heart broken to have let him go in the first place and cried when he was initially gone and she had her husband had agreed they would adopt him… She also told me that Squirt bit her, showed me her thumb and stated that in her opinion Squirt was un-adoptable and was intending to keep him as well. There was no mention made of her rehabilitation intentions prior to re-homing the dogs.

The posters in support of this volunteer should be better informed of the facts and not swayed by charm.. But that’s my opinion.
November 11, 2010 at 6:39pm · Like · 1 person

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T November 10, 2010 at 4:48 am
Jacqueline Wright says:
Definition of a volunteer “a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.” So she can’t describe herself as a volunteer, and then demand payment later.
November 11, 2010 at 6:39pm · Like · 1 person

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T read all comments here: http://canada.myletsadopt.com/2010/11/09/dognapping/
November 11, 2010 at 6:41pm · Like

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T Another point of view:
"Canine conflict sparks online dogfight in New West"

By Andrew Fleming, New West Record November 10, 2010

Read more: http://www.royalcityrecord.com/Canine+conflict+sparks+online+dogfight+West/3802376/story.html#ixzz151qDE5gD
November 11, 2010 at 6:52pm · Like

Angela Mulberg Wtf?!!!! Why they hell make a deal with the rescue in the 1st place?!! That lady is total B.S and it should be known. I hope word spreads about this woman to everyone and especially her clients. Awful
November 11, 2010 at 7:26pm · Like · 2 people ·

*Animals Voice Of Hope* B L A C K L I S T via Let's Adopt! Global:
" Announcement!... It is my pleasure to announce that Taco and Squirt the two Chihuahuas in dispute in Vancouver will be going home today.
I want to thank Lisa Woo for showing the vision to rectify the situation.
Let there be peace..."
12. November um 11:19

November 16, 2010 at 12:42am · Like · 1 person
Kym Bolinger whatever. sounds to me like lisa woo knows she was found out and is trying to save face!
November 22, 2010 at 3:30am · Like ·

Brandy Baker Is this the place that offers daycare for animals?
January 4 at 7:17pm · Like ·

Dianne Wade From now on all rescue shelters should be investigated before letting them take care of animals, as a student in the criminal justice field I have learned that before trusting anyone with anything that is important to us you must ask questions, do a back ground check, find out the length of time in business, check for a criminal back ground, check the property out, what is their ratio of dogs fostered to dogs that have been adopted, if low adoption ratesthen if you think that it seems to good to be true, then it is not and then find a more reliable shelter that has excellent credentials and is up to your standards.
January 17 at 5:05pm · Unlike · 1 person ·

Back to top Go down
https://avohblacklist.forummotion.com

LISA WOO - The Playful Puppy Palace - New Westminster, BC
Page 1 of 1